Shop, Eat, and Support Historic South Pasadena
By buying local, you save our downtown district and our small businesses.
We urge you, our neighbors and customers, to shop local and do your holiday shopping downtown. Reach out to your friends to spread the word that your local small businesses need your support.
Here’s what happens when you shop local:
- More of your money will be kept in our local economy.
- You embrace what makes our historic community so unique and special. You can walk Mission St. and visit the most unique stores and restaurants, many of which are local institutions.
- You help the environment by conserving energy, using less fuel for transportation and less packaging.
- You nurture our community. Local business owners know you, and you know them.
- You have better choices. Locally owned businesses pick the items and products they sell based on what they know you like and want. Local businesses carry a better selection of unique products because they buy and curate for their own individual markets. You can touch, choose and return if needed.
- You take advantage of the expertise of locally owned businesses that have a vested interest in serving you. They’re passionate about what they do. They know their customers. Why not take advantage of this?
- You invest in entrepreneurship, the bedrock of the American economy. Nurturing local business ensures a strong community.
- You make South Pasadena a destination. The more interesting and unique our community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors and guests. Property values are strengthened by maintaining a Historic downtown.
- You create local jobs. More people working in town means more people shopping in town.
Remember: supporting Historic South Pasadena benefits all of South Pasadena!